Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day Three

Still going strong! Day 3 has arrived... What (edit: delete "on earth" and replace with "in my living room") will I photograph tonight? The good thing is that my work days have been a little slower. I've been getting home at a decent time, and freelance work is slowing down. I can take pictures earlier, so that means better lighting in the living room!

Not much new to report, but I have noticed that I'm looking at objects in a new light, so to speak. It's like when you repeat a common word over and over again in your head until it eventually sounds like a foreign language and has no meaning at all.

I've stared at these everyday objects so much that they're just starting to look like strange, blobs of color. A vase is now just a strange, ceramic, blue blob. And when I zoom out, I can add a yellow background, and if I include a corner of the book shelf, a black triangle filled with multi-colored rectangles.

Tonight I think I'll experiment with color!

No comments: