Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Questions

I'm already freaking out about this project. What am I doing? No one cares about what happens on my sofa. Silk flowers? Stupid. Maybe I need to visit other people's sofas.

Ugh... Day 2 and already I can't sit still! I'm ready to take on everyone's sofa.

The whole point of this was to use the only down time I have during the day in a constructive way, but I feel lazy. All I want to do is get off the couch.

I guess I have to remember that if this project makes me want to get outside more - great, but I still need to finish this. At some point in the evening, I will sit down on the couch, and when I do, I'm determined to use that time in a positive way.

Last night I started to really wonder if this even made sense... I mean, 31 photos? I snapped 50 just last night. Though when I sat down at my computer to look at them, most of them were crap. In fact, I'd even call the flowers crap - I just liked the depth of field. Maybe it's good that I know that.

This morning after Mark left, I had 10 minutes alone in the apartment, and the sun was coming in, so the light was different, and I snapped a few photos.

Picture frames, silk flowers, my blurry reflection in the TV, a Netflix envelope, an empty beer bottle. Each single thing its own.

I think tonight I need to experiment with combining some objects. Silk flowers are just silk flowers. But flowers, a Netflix envelope, and a beer bottle tell a story... maybe a sad, boring story, but a story nonetheless. On to the next.

No comments: